The MASS Awards ceremony is our end of year highlight to reward the student groups and individuals that have worked the hardest and achieved the most. The 2015 MASS Society Awards are to be presented at BodyPower Exhibition on the MASS stand on the 16th May.
See the £1000 prize fund here
Society of the year
To recognise the most outstanding society
President of the year
To recognise the most outstanding president
Committee of the year
To recognise the most outstanding committee
Event of the year
To recognise the most outstanding society event
Collaboration of the year
To recognise the most outstanding collaboration between two societies
Fastest growing society
To recognise the fastest growing society
StudyFit writer of the year
To recognise the most creative and hard working StudyFit writer
Club member of the year
To recognise the most enthusiastic and inspiring club member
Sponsor of the year
To recognise our most dedicated sponsor
Coach of the year
To recognise the most supportive society coach.
Alumni of the year
To award the alumni who has shown the most dedication to helping MASS’s development.
Gym of the year
To recognise the most supportive gym or training facility
Students Union of the year
To recognise the most supportive students union
Society capability awards
All societies will be awarded with a certificate to acknowledge their level of achievement.
The 4 Stages of Committee Capability
We want to provide all our committee members powerful evidence of their achievements. Our 4 Stages of Committee Capability provide a simple framework to evidence this as well as levels of Society capability to aspire to and achieve.
Societies need to progress from one level to the next i.e. you cannot leapfrog a stage but can move from one to another quickly. Importantly any and all Societies can reach the top level should they choose to – so everyone can win!
- You have a Committee of at least 3 in place.
- Your society is ratified and you have exhibited at fresher’s fair
- You have set goals for the number and types of events you plan to run.
- You begin delivering on goals, with a fair amount of support from the national team.
- You are delivering on goals set.
- Your events include at least one multi-society event.
- You run events engaging with at least 4 of the MASS sports sectors within the year.
- You have established a social media page and a page on your Students Union website
- You are building relationships with your sports centre, external sports facilities and other societies.
- You are building your membership (reaching a minimum of 50).
- You are active in the national committee network (attend national conferences; input in social media/email communication with the national team).
- You ensure your committee members are not all finalists.
- You submit an annual achievement report at the end of the year.
- You are delivering on ambitious goals.
- You are running a wide variety of events within many different sports/areas.
- You have hosted at least 1 student-only sporting competition and published the results (powerlifting regional, strongman, cross-fit, Olympic weightlifting or other)
- You have testimonials from students and organisations on the quality & value of your society.
- You have committee and student members covering different fitness and weightlifting areas and a student membership of 100-300 with ‘full’ membership data (They have all registered on the website).
- You are sharing best practice, event/student reports and advice based on your own successes (via muscleathleticsports.com content, StudyFit magazine and other media outlets).
- You have robust succession plans in place for next year’s committee.
- You are active on social media, engaging your members and the local community.
- You know what personal fitness goals your committee members want to achieve and have discussed methods of supporting one and other.
- You are actively supporting other MASS University Societies to start up, or move from Learning to Established.
- You have committee and student members covering all fitness and weightlifting sports.
- You have a student membership of 300+ with ‘full’ membership data.
- You have hosted a MASS Games competition.
- You know what personal fitness goals a number of your student members want to achieve and have discussed methods of supporting one and other
How is this Evidenced / Verified?
Internally: Your committee create and share your goals for the next level you are aspiring to; as you reach it then share the evidence with the national team for us to then verify.
Externally: Once we have done this we will add your level of capability to the MASS website; recognise your achievements at the society awards; be it your final year you’ll receive an accreditation certificate stating your committees level of capability and achievement and we’ll celebrate through all our media channels.